Skip to main content

Course Search

Course Search

Course Search

Manufacturing Technician Apprenticeship

  • Campus: Moylish, Limerick City

  • years: 2

Engineers Ireland Accreditation

This Apprenticeship is a 2/3 year programme, with an approved employer, with 70% of the time spent on the job and the remaining 30% spent in the TUS Midwest Moylish Campus. Students will remain in paid employment for the 24-36 month period, allowing them to “earn while you learn”.
This programme is professionally accredited by Engineers Ireland. This is an objective evaluation and approval of engineering programmes, ensuring that they meet international standards, the needs of the engineering profession and broader responsibilities to society, environment and economy. Graduates of accredited programmes, at the appropriate standard, may go on to achieve one of the professional titles of Chartered Engineer, Associate Engineer and Engineering Technician.

Contact Details

TUS Apprenticeships Office


Minimum Entry Requirements

To begin an apprenticeship, an applicant must be employed by a SOLAS approved employer. Pass (Grade O6 or better) in 5 leaving certificate subjects, 2 of which must be Maths and a language (English or Irish) 250 CAO points; In the case of a mature student (over 23 years) an industry interview is required.

Application Details

Visit the Manufacturing Engineering Apprenticeships page at for application information.

The Modules

Manufacturing Engineering 1, Quality 1, Computer Aided Design, Academic and Professional Skills, Electrical Sciences, Engineering Science, Engineering Mathematics 1, Industry Module 1.

Manufacturing, Engineering 2, Quality 2, Manufacturing Design of Fixtures, Lean Manufacturing, Manufacturing Automation, Metrology, Engineering Mathematics 2, Maintenance and Safety, Industry Module 2.

Advanced Manufacturing Processes, Six Sigma Quality, Manufacturing Process Planning, Operations Management, Robotics and Control, Polymer Processing Technology, Engineering Software Systems, Project Management, Industry Module 3.

Further Information

  • 2 Year blend of Full Time and Work Based Learning
  • Two 15 week blocks in TUS

An apprenticeship is an alternative to full-time third-level courses.  Apprenticeships are paid employment allowing the apprentice to “earn while you learn” and an excellent opportunity to get a recognised qualification while at the same time gaining on-the-job experience relevant to your chosen career.

The Manufacturing Technician ( Level 6) will be required to provide a technical support function for manufacturing operations, including troubleshooting equipment and process issues, validation and qualification activities of the manufacturing site.

Successful graduates of this programme will be able to pursure oppotunities in the following roles:
  • Manufacturing Engineer
  • Quality Engineering
  • Production and Process Engineering
  • Process improvement and Industrial Automation/Robotics
  • Lean / Six Sigma Engineering
  • Operations management, production planning and supply chain engineering
  • Project management
  • CAD / CAM and CNC Specialists
  • Facilities, maintenance and safety