Noel Gavin joined Northern Trust in 2006 and is based in their Limerick office; he is a Senior Vice President and leads the Asset Servicing Training & Development group, with responsibility for delivering learning and development programs for 13,500+ employees across all the companies’ global footprint. He has over 20 years industry experience with various role across project management, operations management and leadership.
He holds a BA in History (2000), a Master’s in Business Administration (2011) and Professional Certificate in Law & Governance for Pension Trustees (2019)
Noel is passionate about fostering an open, welcoming and diverse culture. He has held various roles within D,E&I including Executive Sponsor for the Northern Trust Pride business resource group and a member of the EMEA DEI Council. In 2019 – 2021 he was featured on the Outstanding 100 LGBT+ Senior Executives list. He has participated in both the LGBT+ Role Models and LGBT Senior Leaders Program run by Stonewall. Noel is also a LGBT Great: Project 1000 Role Model
Outside of Northern Trust he is a Director & Vice-chair of GOSHH (Gender, Orientation, Sexual Health and HIV), a charity focused on promotion of equality and wellbeing of all with a positive and respectful approach to sexual orientation and gender diversity. In addition he is a Director of Limerick Chamber, Chambers Ireland and an advisory council member for the Institute of Bankers
Directorships & Advisory Positions
- Northern Trust Pension Trustees (Ireland) Ltd – Director
- Chambers Ireland – Director
- Limerick Chamber of Commerce – Director
- GOSHH (Gender, Orientation, Sexual Health, HIV) – Director
- Institute of Bankers – Strategic Advisory – Council Member
- Professional Certificate in Law & Governance for Pension Trustees – NCI / IIPM (2019)
- Master in Business Management – University of Limerick (2011).
- Graduate Diploma in Business Administration, University of Limerick (2001)
- BA in History, University of Limerick (2000)
He was elected a Fellow of Irish Institute of Training & Development in 2014