Welcome to the inaugural European Team-Based Learning (TBL) and TALENT ( Erasmus+) Symposium event information page.
The Technological University of the Shannon (TUS) will host the European TBL Symposium 2022, an interdisciplinary forum for those who teach using team-based learning to share practice, experience and expertise, on 20 May at its Athlone campus.
What to expect?
- Practitioner and research presentations
- Five-minute “lightning” talks
- Introduction to TBL workshops
- Virtual and face-to-face poster sessions
This is a free event sponsored by the National Forum for Teaching and learning, the ETBLC, the Department of Learning and Teaching, TUS; and the Erasmus Talent programme.
Abstracts are welcomed in a variety of areas. Submit an abstract by clicking here
Those submitting abstracts are eligible to claim a bursary of up to €150 to assist with travel and accommodation costs. Please note: This is restricted to one presenter per abstract and any claim will need to be accompanied by receipts.
Sample abstract submissions topics:
- Evaluation and assessment of student learning TBL in specific disciplines – what works and why?
- Using TBL in conjunction with other pedagogies
- Implementing TBL – challenges, insights, reflections Innovative approaches to TBL (e.g., remote, hybrid)
- Educational technology (e.g., tools that facilitate TBL)
- Innovations in peer evaluation
- Introducing TBL within new contexts
- Innovative application exercises
- Innovative uses of TBL
- TBL for multidisciplinary team learning
- TBL for intercultural learning
- TBL for professional learning/training
- Other topics of interest to TBL practitioners
Register for the European Team-Based Learning Symposium by clicking here.
For more information, please contact:
Dr Anne Marie O’Brien (firstname.lastname@example.org)
David O’Hanlon (email@example.com)
What is TBL? Check out this handy explainer video!